Sunday, May 17, 2009

Valuable memory






Here i wanna share about my childhood memory..i was born in a shop and had been living there for my age..people will call that as grocery shop instead of a herbal shop even though this shop is registered as the name of 'Kedai Ubat'.

About two months ago i left the shop due to my dad' s retirement. Most of the customers were suprised when they knew the shop is gonna be closed. They wonder why this old shop will suddenly be closed. They always think we were having good business.Yeah, actually seriosly we did have good business few years ago. And i guess due to many other competitiors like giant, jusco, carefour coming out giving promotion, our business getting worse as time past.

I was thinking actually my parents had made a smart decision on buying this shop. Why i said so because this shop is very near to the schools, not only one but few schools. This reason making us very exhausted and tired of serving customers during school open days. Most of the customers will come to buy school bags, shoes, stationary and school clothes. Im saying truthly here, doing student's business is a intelligent decision for earning money. Nowadays i find students are more rich than working people.

Oh god, i miss the shop, i miss my childhood memory in the shop. The past 10+ years i was there and had gone through so much of funny and tough incidents there. I used to be in the shop serving customers no matter school days or holidays. So my friends and teachers actually can look for me in the shop very easily. I used to complain a lot to my friends that i didn't have enough time due to working in the shop whole day from 10 morning to 9.30 night. Of course i never complain to my dad because everyone of my siblings actually work as me too.

There are people asking me how could i study as i spent most of the time in the shop.Ha..If the shop is still here, i will say its a secret, but now i share the secret to you guys here. Actually i used to hide behind the shop to study and do homework. That's why my dad had to hire a indonesia maid to help. Naughty me ya.. i know.

The last few days before the shop was closed down, i carefully stared at each of every corners of the shop, i found quite a lot of my drawing and writing on the wall. I found my name on the wall too, i guess i wrote it when i was small enough to learn how to write my name. That will be a memory in the shop there.

'Kedai Ubat Kim Loy' will always be in my heart.


3 comments:

  1. kedai herbal?i never seen people buy "herbal"at kim loy...
    看来我没理由再经过那里了,哈哈

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess u two long long time din come to serdang ad,ya..the most laku one was school stuffs..Thanks for coming to shop last time..haha

    ReplyDelete